Bologna is the capital of the Emilia-Romagna Region, located in the Northern part of Italy.
Bologna is a city full of art and culture and home of the oldest University in the Western world - Alma Mater Studiorum - founded in 1088. Its history is intertwined with that of the great names of science and literature. It is a keystone and a point of reference for European culture.
The very special urban fabric, the cultural heritage, and the remarkable architecture make Bologna a warm, welcoming city. Bologna played host to the greatest names in European culture and, in May 2006, was appointed a UNESCO City of Music. The centre of the city, with its well preserved Medieval layout, is famous for its porticoes: more than 40 km of elegant and extensive arcades flank medieval streets and enchanting squares. 666 arches connect the city to the well-known sanctuary of Madonna di San Luca, in the Guardia Hills. The towers are a very important symbol of the city and were about 100 in the past. Among them, the two famous Torre Asinelli and Garisenda represent the landmark of the city.
Bologna is also renowned for its friendly atmosphere, joie de vivre and haute cuisine. Visitors can revel in the vitality of this bustling town, the delicious smells from the market stalls, the international level of the cultural events and the elegance of its exclusive stores.
Finally, Bologna is a powerhouse of the Italian economy, boasting famous names in the motor industry like Ducati, Minarelli, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Italjet, Malaguti, MotoMorini, and VM; while fashion has its roots in the city with names like Borbonese, Magli, and La Perla.
ESMC10 participants can book special touristic tours here: http://www.bolognawelcome.com/en/tour-esmc-2018
COFFEE BAR AND GELATERIA
- CAFFE’ TERZI: via Oberdan 10/d
- CAFÉ PASTICCERIA GAMBERINI: Via Ugo Bassi, 12
- PASTICCERIA IMPERO INDIPENDENZA: Via dell’Indipendenza, 39
- GELATERIA GROM: via D’Azeglio, 13 (gluten free too)
- CREMERIA FUNIVIA: Piazza Cavour 1/d
- LA SORBETTERIA CASTIGLIONE: Via Castiglione, 44 d/e
RESTAURANT AND PIZZERIA
- SPACCA NAPOLI: via San Vitale, 45/a – phone +39 051 261743
- REGINA SOFIA: Via Clavature 1/c – phone +39 051 221142
- TRATTORIA PIZZERIA BELLE ARTI: Via delle Belle Arti, 14 – phone +39 051 225581
- DIANA Restaurant (typical bolognese cuisine): Via dell’Indipendenza, 24 – phone +39 051231302
Participants ESMC will be offered aperitif or digestive
- TAVERNA DEL POSTIGLIONE (typical bolognese cuisine): Via Marchesana, 6/e – phone +39 051 263052 (15% discount on the price list for ESCM 2018 participants )
- TRATTORIA LEONIDA (typical bolognese cuisine): Vicolo Alemagna, 2 – phone +39 051239742 (10% discount on the price list for ESCM 2018 participants)
- CLOROFILLA Restaurant (vegetarian cuisine): Strada Maggiore, 64/c – phone +39 051 235343 (10% discount on the price list for ESCM 2018 participants )
- PIZZERIA E OSTERIA IL ROVESCIO (bio-veg cuisine): Via Pietralata, 75 – phone +39 051 523545 (10% discount on the price list for ESCM 2018 participants )
- CANTINA BENTIVOGLIO – Ristorante, enoteca, jazz club (typical bolognese cuisine): Via Mascarella, 4/b – phone +39 051 265416 (10% discount on the price list for ESCM 2018 participants )